Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past seven weeks, you’ll know that Love Island has taken over twitter, and, if you’re anything like me, will have been waiting for 9pm to roll around everyday to get a good dose of drama. If I’m honest I can’t even remember what I did every night before Love Island; Sat in silence? Watched Gardner’s World? Who knows. So, since I’ll be gaining seven hours a week, I’ve decided I’m going to use them productively and share some of my alternatives to watching Chris and Liv arguing every night with you…
- Get all of your odd jobs done. If you’re not going to spend an hour watching drama go down every night you may as well do something productive and get all those errands done you always put off. For me, this will probably include tasks like scheduling tweets and planning Instagram posts for day ahead since I can’t really be bothered to do it any other time.
- Organise your life. If you feel messy and disorganised you could spend the hour you would have used watching Love Island to tidy your surroundings, get your to-do list together and create a schedule to make sure you have an organised, productive day the next day.
- Work on a personal project/hobby. Love Island finishing is the perfect opportunity to put an hour a day you wouldn’t get otherwise into a project you really want to work on. For me, this will be blogging and YouTube!
- Start another series. If you want to keep the Love Island slot as time to relax, you could start another show that’s been on your list for a while. I’m thinking either Ru Paul or Orphan Black for me!
- Treat yo’ self. Since you’re technically gaining an hour, you may as well spend it pampering yourself. Take some extra care you wouldn’t otherwise and do things you always wish you had time for like taking an extra long shower, reading or binging on YouTube.
I hope these suggestions helped! What will you be doing in your extra hour? Megan x