I absolutely love a trip to the cinema, for me nothing beats making a night of it and going out to see a film I’ve been waiting for with a big bucket of popcorn. So today I’m sharing eight movies I’ve been waiting to see this summer…
- One movie I’ve been SO excited to see is Girl’s Trip, so excited in fact, that in between the first and final draft of this blog post I took a trip to the cinema to see it and it definitely DID NOT disappoint. I expected it to be funny but I didn’t expect it to be whole-room-wheezing-laughing hilarious! I can honestly say it was one of the funniest, most well written films I’ve ever seen, so I’m sorry it was kind of a cheat putting it on this list since I’ve already seen it, but I just had to mention it!
- Another movie I was really excited to see this summer was ‘Dunkirk’ but, again, I’ve had this post drafted for so long that I’ve already seen it (10/10 blogger skills Megan, well done). At first I was actually unsure of whether I’d like it or not because war films really aren’t my thing, but after hearing amazing reviews I was really excited to give it a go. Of course I was excited to see Harry Styles’ acting debut (which didn’t disappoint, by the way) but I also wanted to watch it for the storyline which my sister said was very good. Even if war films aren’t your thing, definitely watch it at least once; the acting and cinematography were incredible and the story wasn’t romanticised at all.
- I have a made up scene in my head for every song I’ve ever listened to, so I’m SO excited to see ‘Baby Driver’ since it’ll be doing all the work for me! I think a movie thats based primarily on the soundtrack is such an interesting concept and no doubt I’ll be listening to all the songs for months after! I’m expecting good things from this film, but if the opportunity for a ‘nobody puts Baby in the corner’ pun is wasted I’ll be VERY disappointed.
- I’m all for anything that empowers women so another movie I’m dying to see is ‘Wonder Woman’. I’ve only heard positive reviews of it so far and a sequel has already been confirmed so I’m hoping it lives up to my expectations!
- I tend to avoid any films that will give me any sort of negative emotions; I much prefer sitting through a two hour comedy than a two hour anxiety-inducing horror, but ’47 Metres Down’ looks too intense to miss. Although it might put me off shark cage diving for life and cause frequent nightmares, I’m excited to give it a go and see if the intensity of the trailer is there throughout the whole film.
- Another summer movie I’m not going to be missing is ‘Everything, Everything’. I’m not going to lie, this is the first book I’ve read properly since I was in primary school, so I’m excited to experience my first book to movie viewing since I felt out of the loop when ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ hit the cinemas and all of my friends were making comparisons to the book. I’m definitely more of a visual person and appreciate a well made film so I’m expecting to enjoy the screen adaptation more than the novel. It’ll be interesting to see which one I prefer after watching it!
- As I said, I love a powerful female lead and, although action isn’t my genre of choice, I’m really looking forward to seeing ‘Atomic Blonde’. The trailer looks incredible and I’m so excited to see a woman take centre stage in a male-dominated genre!
- Last on my list is ‘Rough Night’. I’ve been patiently waiting for this film for months and fangirling everytime I see the trailer for it. I’m even struggling to write this section of the blog post because I can’t even explain just how excited I am to see Kate McKinnon on the big screen again for the first time since July last year! Of course all the cast looks incredible and the writing is hilarious from what I’ve seen, so I think this will definitely be one I go back to see for a second time!
I hope you enjoyed reading my to-watch list, which film are you most excited to see this summer? Megan x