I feel like 2017 has come and gone int he blink of an eye, and thats probably because I packed so much into it I didn’t even realise how fast it was going! From passing my A levels to getting my first job, heres 17 good things that happened to me in 2017…
- I visited London twice, once in February to see the building from ‘The Halcyon’ and once in November to see the building from ‘Kingsman’.
2. I threw a hot tub party for my 18th birthday.
3. I visited New York and had my first broadway show, my first time in a helicopter and my first time doing virtual reality.
4. I Visited San Fransisco and explored Alcatraz.
5. I visited LA and took a tour of Warner Brother’s Studios
6. I finished my America trip in Las Vegas and saw the famous sign.
7. I took a short ferry break to Amsterdam with my family.
8. After literally years of never being fully satisfied with my blog and not having my own domain, I took the leap to self hosted and bought a GORGEOUS theme from pip dig. I’m so happy I invested time, effort and money wisely into my blog because it was SO satisfying seeing it finally come together ready for me to fill with posts.
9. I had the honour of having my tweet read out live on ‘This Morning’ by the national treasure that is Philip Schofield!!
10. After two years of not liking college and struggling with my subjects, I managed to pass all three of my A levels.
11. I explored more of the UK and visited Cambridge, The Farne Islands, Blackpool and took my first ever girls trip to Alton Towers with my oldest friends from school and had my first ever legal drink whilst I was there! I became more proud of my photos each visit and the ones from Blackpool Zoo have become my favourite photos to date.
12. I enjoyed a reeeeally chilled five days in Majorca.
13. I got a Cineworld Unlimited card and went to see over 30 films with my best friend Lucy- my personal faves include ‘Kingsman The Golden Circle’, ‘Flatliners’ and ‘The Greatest Showman’- and discovered some TV shows I absolutely love including ‘The Good Place’, ‘Riverdale’ and ‘Peaky Blinders’.
14. After months of trying, 150+ applications, a walk around town handing my CV to anyone who’d take it and a horrific trial as a pot washer, I FINALLY got my first ever job at The Body Shop! It was the one I was reeeally hoping to get as I was a big fan of the brand myself so I was absolutely over the moon when I got a call to say I’d got the position!
15. I went to the theatre to see ‘The Addams Family Musical’, ‘Mamma Mia’ and ‘Elf The Musical’.
16. After discovering Muchelleb’s channel in early 2017, my whole year changed for the better and I took more time for self development and self care. I got more organised and minimal and rediscovered my love for pamper nights and baths.
17. I’ve never, ever seen any hobby through till the end, but this year I completed a film academy course at the British Film Institute despite considering not going back after the first day. I’m so proud of myself for going back week after week and pushing myself out of my comfort zone.
I’m so happy with everything I experienced and achieved in 2017 and with two trips already booked for January alone I have no doubt 2018 will be even better!
What was your best experience of 2017?